Monday, September 15, 2008

The Unfortunate Consequences of Driving My Car

A.K.A. - Where are the cops when it matters?

Before we start, I must say that Natalie Portman is extremely cute (I'm watching V for Vendetta during MNF commercials). Okay, so here we go with today's main course.

The saga of my Civic is a sad, sad tale. Her name is 'Nessa. I bought the car in March, and I've had myriad problems with law enforcement (and lack there-of) since then.

Three weeks after I first took the car home, I parked across the street for the night, and it was subsequently broken into. Some hooligans smashed my window and took a crowbar to my center console. My stereo and my gym bag (why my gym bag?) were stolen, and my climate control buttons and air vents were completely destroyed. Of course I filed a police report, but that's basically useless because the cops don't give a shit...and here's how I know: the same thing happened twice more on my street within the next 5 days. Absolutely appalling, isn't it? So I must ask, "where are those cops when you need them to protect you from criminals?" After several encounters with the police, I have figured it out.

The Po-po sucks monkey balls!!! Sorry to rant, but I'm tired and I forgot I had this post saved in my drafts (this paragraph is being written weeks after the previous paragraph) and I've lost the soul of this entry. Anyways, I'll try to salvage my original thoughts; this isn't as eloquent as I probably wanted it to be when I started, but I'm trying.

I was pulled over in late July for not having a license plate attached to the front of my car, which I admit I should have had. I got fresh license plates and paid off my ticket on the 14th of September. On the 15th of September (that's right, the very next FUCKING day) I was pulled over for having a "modified exhaust" on my car(what the hell is that shit?). I was pulled over literally one block from home, while I was waiting at the goddamn stoplight!(wow, I guess I'm still angry over this) What was so wrong about this situation is that having an aftermarket exhaust isn't even necessarily illegal. So the pig asked me to pop open the hood (for no fucking reason) and gave me a ticket for an illegal intake. Again, my intake technically isn't even illegal, it's just missing a compliance sticker. So now I have to buy a new intake and get my car tested at the CA State Referee, and I don't know how I'm going to do that, because the State Referee was shut down by Gov. Schwarzenegger for budget reasons.

So, THAT'S what the cops are busy doing while my car is being broken into at night: finding BULLSHIT excuses to pull people over and giving them BULLSHIT traffic tickets. Way to keep the streets safe from cars with modified exhaust systems and intakes without stickers on them! Who cares about buglaries and theft? Let's focus on busting people who actually PAY for the things they have in their cars! Congratu-fucking-lations Police, you're making us proud!

STUPID PIGS....I eat bacon for breakfast.

Okay, now I'm over it. =)

No comments: